Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Dr Francis Greaves <fr...@choughs.org> on 2020/04/19 12:20:08 UTC

I cannot find the MySQL Plugin

Dear All
I thought I would move from Oracle Netbeans 8.2 to the Apache 11.3 version of Netbeans, only to come unstuck at the absence of a MySQL Plugin. I know there is a Database connection in the Services, but I cannot get that to connect.

Is there an alternative?

Looks Like I will stick with the 8.2 Netbeans for now.

Regards

Francis

Re: I cannot find the MySQL Plugin

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.
Have a look at this video about fixing NetBeans MySQL connection Errors:
https://youtu.be/qD2PwMokQiE

Also this video for Time Zone connection problems:
https://youtu.be/yUEA0kQfoEo

Best regards,
John
john@jql.co.uk

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.
Obviously, you must change "customer" in the step 2 to the name of your
database...

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.
Hi Francis,

Posted by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>.
The MariaDB driver, which is bundled with NetBeans, should be fully compatible/equivalent to the MySQL driver. It's a fork of the same code, just under a different name and license.

(I'm not 100% sure whether the MySQL server management actions recognize this, though.)

-- Eirik

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.