Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dennis <De...@chosenpathways.com> on 2000/10/14 07:00:14 UTC

PerlRequire conf/startup.pl

Hey

I have "PerlRequire conf/startup.pl" in httpd.conf
and startup.pl has  "1;" in it
then I start apache "/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

and it says:
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd started

but it looks like it's exiting out right away.  is that what it's supposed to do ?

thanks
Dennis

Re: PerlRequire conf/startup.pl

Posted by iain truskett <ic...@eh.org>.
* Dennis (Denny@chosenpathways.com) [14 Oct 2000 16:00]:

> I have "PerlRequire conf/startup.pl" in httpd.conf
> and startup.pl has  "1;" in it
> then I start apache "/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

> and it says:
> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd started

> but it looks like it's exiting out right away.  is that what it's supposed to do ?

Do you mean httpd is exiting right away or that startup.pl is?

If the former, then have you looked in your Apache error log?

If the latter, then that's good since startup.pl is meant to be run at
the start of an httpd starting up and just set some things up for later
(I use it to get XML::Parser and stuff into memory early on to speed up
the first requests).

cheers,
--
iain truskett, aka Koschei.                    <http://eh.org/~koschei/>
You know you are addicted to coffee if...