Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Shushant Arora <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/25 12:15:33 UTC

callback handler cancelled method meaning

I am using org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.CloseableHttpAsyncClient
(httpasyncclient-4.1.jar).

In callbackof httpGet Request i.e FutureCallback<HttpResponse> there are 3
methods .

When does cancelled() method being called ? Is cancelled does not mean
failure ?

Thanks

Re: callback handler cancelled method meaning

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 21:38 +0530, Shushant Arora wrote:
> Thanks !
>
> can this lead to duplicate if i retry a cancelled request. I mean is there
> any guarantee that cancelled request is never reached to server .

HTTP protocol does not provide any delivery guarantees. So, your
application needs to be prepared to deal with request retries anyway.

Oleg

Posted by Shushant Arora <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks !

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.