Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/11/05 13:00:22 UTC

New wiki ? (was Re: [site] new pages ?)

Do we want to "migrate" to the cwiki, that some Apache projects are using ?

I am not really thrilled on doing the migration...
But, what do other think about it ?

-Matthias

Re: New wiki ? (was Re: [site] new pages ?)

Posted by Ron Smits <ro...@ronsmits.org>.
UWC (Universal Wiki Converter) seems to be able to convert from moinmoin to
confluence:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFEXT/Universal+Wiki+Converter

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Posted by Ron Smits <ro...@ronsmits.org>.
Reading the convertor info, looks like the person changing it will
need local access to it. Is there a backup one can use?

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have no real problem with the look of our current wiki.
But I like the look&feel of cwiki. So, if someone volunteers for setting up
and converting I am
+1

--Manfred

On 11/7/07, Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a fan of cwiki, +1 for sure. The wiki converter seems to be handy.
>
> On Nov 7, 2007 3:03 AM, Gabrielle Crawford
> <ga...@oracle.com> wrote:
> > We use confluence in my group, and I definitely think it will increase
> > productivity.
> >
> > I totally understand we want to support open source projects, so if
> > there's an open source wiki system that's as good as confluence then
> > great, let's use that. Otherwise I'm a +1 for switching to confluence.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Gabrielle
> >

> > Paul McMahan wrote:
> > > Over the past couple of years the Geronimo project has discussed this
> > > topic a lot.  Now that discussion is settled and Confluence is used
> > > for practically all of the project's user facing web pages - developer
> > > wiki, user documentation, and the main project web site.
> > >
> > > As you know MoinMoin is an excellent open source product and was in
> > > use by Geronimo.  Confluence had many of the additional features that
> > > were interesting such as deep integration with JIRA, extension
> > > support, several export options, WYSIWYG editors, flexible security,
> > > etc. The main issues for switching to Confluence were migration of
> > > existing docs and infra's position on supporting it.   Search for
> > > "confluence" in the mail archives for some interesting discussions.
> > > Here's one:
> > >

> http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Documentation-in-Confluence%2C-MoinMoin%2C-or..-tf961477s134.html
> > >

> > > Now after using Confluence for a couple of years I am a strong
> > > proponent of it.  I think it's definitely worth taking a look at for
> > > MyFaces.  I would encourage the team to poke around the wiki, doc, and
> > > main web site at geronimo.apache.org to see what they think about
> > > Confluence.  The main costs in switching to it are migrating the
> > > existing content and learning how to use it.  IMHO successfully
> > > clearing both of these hurdles requires consensus and support of the
> > > team at large.  The Geronimo project was also fortunate enough to have
> > > a couple of developers willing to champion that effort.
> > >
> > > Best wishes,
> > > Paul

> the

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: New wiki ? (was Re: [site] new pages ?)

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabrielle Crawford <ga...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.