Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> on 2011/03/02 04:30:44 UTC

Oozie Hive action patch

[crosspost on Oozie and Hive aliases as there threads in both]

I've just posted a pull request (patch) for Oozie that add support for Hive
actions in Oozie workflows.

IMPORTANT:

* The pull requests have an additional commit, GH-0226, that fixes
groupId/artifacts of Hadoop/Pig/Hive to the standard values and
is using CDH versions o those artifacts/jars because there are not other
versions avail out there in Maven repos for all of them.

* The patch does not use Hive 0.7 native script variable resolution (see
HIVE-2020)

The pull requests links are:

* https://github.com/yahoo/oozie/pull/546 (master branch)

* https://github.com/yahoo/oozie/pull/547 (2.3 branch)

Oozie CDH3b4 includes this patch (it took a me a while to backport it to GH
Oozie because I had to rebase excluding other patches)

Thanks.

Alejandro

Re: [Oozie-users] Oozie Hive action patch

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Andreas,

Well, that is not entirely true, Oozie consumes Yahoo distributions of
Hadoop and Pig (from Yahoo GH maven). [BTW, this brings up again the GH-0226
issue]

Thanks for reviewing the patch.

In the mean time, anybody wanting to use Oozie with Hive action can use CDH
Oozie CDH3b4 which includes this path.

Thanks.

Alejandro