Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike Diggins <mi...@mcmaster.ca> on 2009/04/16 22:27:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache won't display index.cgi

I'm running Apache 2.0.58 and Apache2-AuthenRadius-0.6 for authentication
on a Sun Sparc V210. I was running another radius module but this one
seems better, so I switched. However, I can no longer get Apache to
display my index.cgi page when I browse to the directory it's in. It
prompts for authentication, which works, but all I get is a blank page. If
I manually add index.cgi to the url, my script runs correctly. I think
this is the relevant configuration. What have I missed?

BTW, if I remove authentication, the index page comes right up.

#
DirectoryIndex index.cgi

<Directory /usr/local/web/docs>
       PerlAuthenHandler Apache2::AuthenRadius
       PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_host1 xxxxxxx
       PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_port1 1812
       PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_secret1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_host2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_port2 1812
       PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_secret2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       PerlSetVar Auth_Radius_timeout 5

       AuthName Web
       AuthType Basic
       Options ExecCGI
       AuthGroupFile /usr/local/web/conf/web_auth
       AuthAuthoritative on
       Require group web_auth
</Directory>

-Mike

Re: [users@httpd] Apache won't display index.cgi

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Mike Diggins wrote:

> I'm running Apache 2.0.58 and Apache2-AuthenRadius-0.6 for
> authentication on a Sun Sparc V210.

What have I missed?

You might have better luck on the mod_perl list :
modperl@perl.apache.org

And, if Apache2-AuthenRadius-0.6 has any part written in C, my earlier
remark about mismatched versions may really be applicable.

Ok, never mind : from the on-line documentation of
Apache2-AuthenRadius-0.6 at
http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/Apache2-AuthenRadius/Apache2/AuthenRadius.html

PREREQUISITES

For AuthenRadius you need to enable the appropriate call-back hook when
making mod_perl:

   perl Makefile.PL PERL_AUTHEN=1

I would guess that's where your segmentation fault comes from.
Seems like one has to build mod_perl from source to use that one.
But go to the mod_perl list, there they might tell you if I'm wrong.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache won't display index.cgi

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
André Warnier wrote:
> Mike Diggins wrote:
>>

>> Thanks, I guess I have a bigger problem than I thought. I'm getting
>> these errors in the apache server log after authenticating and during
>> the time my index.cgi script should run. I don't know what's causing
>> that!
>>
>> [Fri Apr 17 08:39:30 2009] [notice] child pid 18461 exit signal
>> Segmentation fault (11)
>> [Fri Apr 17 08:39:30 2009] [notice] child pid 18460 exit signal
>> Segmentation fault (11)
>>
> That might indeed cause a real blank page..
> ;-)
> mod_log_forensic ?

Note that whatever I wrote before might still help you determine
/precisely/ when this happens.  There's lots of buffering going on all
over that might induce you in error.
Also, remember that anything your cgi prints to STDERR should end up in
the Apache error log.  Might be worth inserting some debug prints there,
to see of it at least starts up.
Are you sure your mod_auth is really going to completion ?  a
segmentation fault is hard to achieve in a cgi script.
But it could be the result of using a mismatched version of an add-on
module.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache won't display index.cgi

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Mike Diggins <mi...@mcmaster.ca>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Prasanna Ram Venkatachalam <vp...@gmail.com>.
Is it possible that the authentication module (whatever it is) you are using
overrides the default index page settings of apache? If thats so, it wud be
better to look into the paramters used with that particular module!
Since without the module, its working, this might be the reason. (sorry i
dont know much about the module you are using :()
Regards
Prasanna Ram