Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sancho Neves-Graca <sa...@neves-graca.name> on 2004/10/25 12:03:22 UTC

Java undefined symbols on Mac OS X

To Subversion user mailing list and Metissian,

Building Subversion with SSH and javahl bindings on Mac OS X 10.3.5
results in linking error "linker path does not have real file for library
-lstdc++", as described in the following postings:

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=81446

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=79268

If anyone could give pointers to the likely cause please help. I can then
compile all steps to an how-to document.

Perhaps the team at Metissian could assist, since they were able to build
a Subversion client with SSH and javahl bindings.

Sincerely, Sancho Neves-Graca

Re: Java undefined symbols on Mac OS X

Posted by Craig McElroy <cr...@metissian.com>.
On Oct 25, 2004, at 7:03 AM, Sancho Neves-Graca wrote:

> To Subversion user mailing list and Metissian,
>
> Building Subversion with SSH and javahl bindings on Mac OS X 10.3.5
> results in linking error "linker path does not have real file for
> library
> -lstdc++", as described in the following postings:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=81446
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=79268
>
> If anyone could give pointers to the likely cause please help. I can
> then
> compile all steps to an how-to document.
>
> Perhaps the team at Metissian could assist, since they were able to
> build
> a Subversion client with SSH and javahl bindings.
>
> Sincerely, Sancho Neves-Graca

Sancho,

First, my apologies for the delayed response.  Unfortunately I am
unable to duplicate the problems that you have described on my 10.3.5
OS X.  I used the simplest build procedure possible so as to ensure
that my usual configure options were not the reason that it usually
works for me.  The only problem that I've noticed is that the classes
directory isn't created, so I created it manually before the 'make
javahl'.  The steps used are:

./configure --enable-javahl
make
sudo make install
mkdir subversion/bindings/java/javahl/classes
make javahl
sudo make install-javahl

I presume this is similar to the process that you are already using.
Do you have the latest OS X developer tools installed?

Cheers,
-craig

Craig McElroy
Metissian, LLC