Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ra...@huawei.com> on 2011/12/28 12:02:15 UTC

A suggestion regarding hbase.connection.per.config

Hi

I found that the configuration hbase.connection.per.config in
hbase-default.xml by default is set to true.

But in HConnectionManager we try to get the value configured for this
property and assign false as the default value. I think this is

misguiding.  It is better to make it uniform.  Also on the client side if
this property is not overridden then for every operation we do a  new
connection will be created.  Pls share your views on this.

Regards

Ram

Re: A suggestion regarding hbase.connection.per.config

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I think we should use false in both places now that connection sharing
feature has been validated in production.

Cheers