Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edson Alves Pereira <ea...@panamericano.com.br> on 2003/05/10 16:32:58 UTC

Oracle - Char array not long enough: javaCharsToUtf8Bytes

	Does anyone here have already seen this error with Oracle 9i? I´m
getting this exception always when i try to save data in LONG fields.

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Char array not long enough:
javaCharsToUtf8Bytes

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java
)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedState
ment.java)

	Best regards,
	Edson Alves Pereira

Re: Oracle - Char array not long enough: javaCharsToUtf8Bytes

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
I was clueless, but curious and the following "might" help:
http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle8i/pdf/appmigwp.pdf

In a nutshell this is an oracle JDBC driver issue, not a tomcat issue.

-Tim