Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Helmut Swaczinna <sw...@wlp-systems.de> on 2007/06/06 15:34:25 UTC

[Tobago] onexit and target

Hi,

the onexit handler set to the onexit attribute of tc:script is not called
when an action with a target attribute
was invoked. I think every call to Tobabgo.submutAction() sets a flag to
distinguish between onunload and
onexit. But with a target this flag should not be set.

Regards
Helmut

Re: [Tobago] onexit and target

Posted by Helmut Swaczinna <sw...@wlp-systems.de>.
Hi Volker,

I think my explanation was a little bit too short and misunderstandable...

In my page a have a link with an target attribute which opens a new child
window. Then I close the child
window and then I close the parent window. But the onexit handler of the
parent window is not called.
When I close the parent window without having opened the child window the
onexit handler is called.
You can see this when you define an onexit and an onunload handler. Closing
the parent window after a
child window has been openend by a target attribute calls the onunload
handler and not the onexit handler.
I've examined the code of Tobago.submitAction. There's a flag isSubmit to
distinguish between onunload
and onexit. This flag is not set in the code when the target parameter is
set. This is corrent. But when you
examine this flag when the window is closed after the child window was
closed it is set to true what's not correct.
So I don't know where exactly the problem is.

Regards
Helmut

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,