Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/09/05 19:44:10 UTC

Re: ContainerLaunchContext in 2.1.x

Good question... There was a security problem earlier and to address that
we removed it from ContainerLaunchContext.

Today if you check the payload we are sending Container which contains
ContainerToken. ContainerToken is the secured channel for RM to tell NM
about
1) ContainerId
2) Resource
3) User
4) NodeId

It is present there by default (irrespective of security). I hope it
answers your doubt.

Thanks,
Omkar Joshi
*Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ContainerLaunchContext in 2.1.x

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
Other than that, you can find all API incompatible changes from 2.0.x to
2.1.x in this link:

http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/

Jian

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Good question... There was a security problem earlier and to address that
> we removed it from ContainerLaunchContext.
>
> Today if you check the payload we are sending Container which contains
> ContainerToken. ContainerToken is the secured channel for RM to tell NM
> about
> 1) ContainerId
> 2) Resource
> 3) User
> 4) NodeId
>
> It is present there by default (irrespective of security). I hope it
> answers your doubt.
>
> Thanks,
> Omkar Joshi
> *Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Janne Valkealahti <
> janne.valkealahti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With 2.0.x ContainerId was part of the ContainerLaunchContext and I assume
>> container id was then used to identify what node manager would actually
>> start.
>>
>> With 2.1.x ContainerId was removed from ContainerLaunchContext.
>> ContainerManagementProtocol is only using a list of StartContainerRequest
>> which have ContainerLaunchContext and Token.
>>
>> My first question is that if you have different
>> ContainerLaunchContext(i.e.
>> command, env variables, etc), how do you know which container is launched
>> with which launch context?
>>
>> My second question is how node manager is assosiating allocated
>> container(which you requested from resource manager) to
>> ContainerLaunchContext?
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ContainerLaunchContext in 2.1.x

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
Other than that, you can find all API incompatible changes from 2.0.x to
2.1.x in this link:

http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/

Jian

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Good question... There was a security problem earlier and to address that
> we removed it from ContainerLaunchContext.
>
> Today if you check the payload we are sending Container which contains
> ContainerToken. ContainerToken is the secured channel for RM to tell NM
> about
> 1) ContainerId
> 2) Resource
> 3) User
> 4) NodeId
>
> It is present there by default (irrespective of security). I hope it
> answers your doubt.
>
> Thanks,
> Omkar Joshi
> *Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Janne Valkealahti <
> janne.valkealahti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With 2.0.x ContainerId was part of the ContainerLaunchContext and I assume
>> container id was then used to identify what node manager would actually
>> start.
>>
>> With 2.1.x ContainerId was removed from ContainerLaunchContext.
>> ContainerManagementProtocol is only using a list of StartContainerRequest
>> which have ContainerLaunchContext and Token.
>>
>> My first question is that if you have different
>> ContainerLaunchContext(i.e.
>> command, env variables, etc), how do you know which container is launched
>> with which launch context?
>>
>> My second question is how node manager is assosiating allocated
>> container(which you requested from resource manager) to
>> ContainerLaunchContext?
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ContainerLaunchContext in 2.1.x

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
Other than that, you can find all API incompatible changes from 2.0.x to
2.1.x in this link:

http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/

Jian

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Good question... There was a security problem earlier and to address that
> we removed it from ContainerLaunchContext.
>
> Today if you check the payload we are sending Container which contains
> ContainerToken. ContainerToken is the secured channel for RM to tell NM
> about
> 1) ContainerId
> 2) Resource
> 3) User
> 4) NodeId
>
> It is present there by default (irrespective of security). I hope it
> answers your doubt.
>
> Thanks,
> Omkar Joshi
> *Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Janne Valkealahti <
> janne.valkealahti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With 2.0.x ContainerId was part of the ContainerLaunchContext and I assume
>> container id was then used to identify what node manager would actually
>> start.
>>
>> With 2.1.x ContainerId was removed from ContainerLaunchContext.
>> ContainerManagementProtocol is only using a list of StartContainerRequest
>> which have ContainerLaunchContext and Token.
>>
>> My first question is that if you have different
>> ContainerLaunchContext(i.e.
>> command, env variables, etc), how do you know which container is launched
>> with which launch context?
>>
>> My second question is how node manager is assosiating allocated
>> container(which you requested from resource manager) to
>> ContainerLaunchContext?
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ContainerLaunchContext in 2.1.x

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
Other than that, you can find all API incompatible changes from 2.0.x to
2.1.x in this link:

http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/

Jian

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Good question... There was a security problem earlier and to address that
> we removed it from ContainerLaunchContext.
>
> Today if you check the payload we are sending Container which contains
> ContainerToken. ContainerToken is the secured channel for RM to tell NM
> about
> 1) ContainerId
> 2) Resource
> 3) User
> 4) NodeId
>
> It is present there by default (irrespective of security). I hope it
> answers your doubt.
>
> Thanks,
> Omkar Joshi
> *Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Janne Valkealahti <
> janne.valkealahti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With 2.0.x ContainerId was part of the ContainerLaunchContext and I assume
>> container id was then used to identify what node manager would actually
>> start.
>>
>> With 2.1.x ContainerId was removed from ContainerLaunchContext.
>> ContainerManagementProtocol is only using a list of StartContainerRequest
>> which have ContainerLaunchContext and Token.
>>
>> My first question is that if you have different
>> ContainerLaunchContext(i.e.
>> command, env variables, etc), how do you know which container is launched
>> with which launch context?
>>
>> My second question is how node manager is assosiating allocated
>> container(which you requested from resource manager) to
>> ContainerLaunchContext?
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ContainerLaunchContext in 2.1.x

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
Other than that, you can find all API incompatible changes from 2.0.x to
2.1.x in this link:

http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/

Jian

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Good question... There was a security problem earlier and to address that
> we removed it from ContainerLaunchContext.
>
> Today if you check the payload we are sending Container which contains
> ContainerToken. ContainerToken is the secured channel for RM to tell NM
> about
> 1) ContainerId
> 2) Resource
> 3) User
> 4) NodeId
>
> It is present there by default (irrespective of security). I hope it
> answers your doubt.
>
> Thanks,
> Omkar Joshi
> *Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Janne Valkealahti <
> janne.valkealahti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With 2.0.x ContainerId was part of the ContainerLaunchContext and I assume
>> container id was then used to identify what node manager would actually
>> start.
>>
>> With 2.1.x ContainerId was removed from ContainerLaunchContext.
>> ContainerManagementProtocol is only using a list of StartContainerRequest
>> which have ContainerLaunchContext and Token.
>>
>> My first question is that if you have different
>> ContainerLaunchContext(i.e.
>> command, env variables, etc), how do you know which container is launched
>> with which launch context?
>>
>> My second question is how node manager is assosiating allocated
>> container(which you requested from resource manager) to
>> ContainerLaunchContext?
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE