Posted to dev@devlake.apache.org by Xiaojian Zheng <zh...@outlook.com> on 2023/05/12 11:08:11 UTC

DevLake's podling report (May 2023)

Hi all,

Below is our podling status report for May 2023. Thanks to all the people who gave their comments and our contributors of the project.

DevLake is a development data platform, providing the data infrastructure for developer teams to analyze and improve their engineering productivity.

DevLake has been incubating since 2022-04-29.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1.  Grow the community, add committers and PPMC members.
 2.  Grow the ecosystem, support more data sources and use cases.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No issues at the moment.

 1.  15 new contributors from 3 organizations have joined the community (93 contributors in total)
 2.  170 new community members in Slack.
 3.  2 new committers were elected, and 1 PPMC was elected.
 4.  Hosted a total of 6 community meetups.

 1.  Made one new major release for v0.16. v0.17 is at the beta testing stage.
 2.  Support new data sources such as SonarQube Server v8.2+, BitBucket Cloud, GitLab v11.x, etc.
 3.  Support importing data and expanding data schema by CSV files.
 4.  Simplify the data transformation configuration for GitHub and Jira to improve on-board experience.
 5.  Refactor the algorithm to measure DORA metrics to cover more use cases and improve the data integrity.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 *   [ ] Initial setup
 *   [ ] Working towards first release
 *   [ ] Community building
 *   [x] Nearing graduation
 *   [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

2023-04-23

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2023-05-10

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, the mentors helped tremendously throughout version releases and community governance.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

There are no known brand and naming issues.

Re: DevLake's podling report (May 2023)

Posted by Hezheng Yin <yi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Xiaojian. I just migrated your report content to [1].

Best,
Hezheng

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/May2023#devlake