Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Michael Dawson <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/08 04:47:12 UTC

Secure Openmeetings 2.0 issue (RTMPS and HTTPS)

I've been trying to secure my installation of Openmeetings2.
After a couple of attempts based on instructions on the Openmeetings site
(http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/RTMPSAndHTTPS.html) official
site, I noticed the following errors:
    a)  org.red5.server.net.rtmps.RTMPSMinaIoHandler - Exception caught SSL
handshake failed
    b) [Red5_Scheduler_Worker-2] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPConnection -
Closing RTMPMinaConnection from 192.168.X.X #### to null with id # due to
long handshake

   Subsequently, I noticed that the instructions refrences version 1.9 of
Openmeetings rather than Version 2.0 (which is what I installed).
Specifically, this bug which is listed in openmeetings' changelog (for
version 2 that I installed) :

      [OPENMEETINGS-234] - Video and Screen sharing not working with HTTPS
and RTMPS - Java Application starts but doesnt connect - java trace logs
shows "[WARN] [NioProcessor-2] org.red5.server.net.rtmps.RTMPSMinaIoHandler
- Exception caught Keystore or password are null"

   My question is:
    Is there a way to secure openmeetings 2.0 or should I unsinstall this
version and install 1.9 instead to achieve this  goal?

    Thanks.