Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org> on 2016/07/18 08:54:44 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1753167 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/proxy/mod_proxy_fcgi.c

On 07/18/2016 10:02 AM, elukey@apache.org wrote:
> Author: elukey
> Date: Mon Jul 18 08:02:23 2016
> New Revision: 1753167

> Log:
> mod_proxy_fcgi: avoid loops serving proxied error documents
>
> This commit should solve the issue indicated in PR 55415.
> Httpd loops while serving a error document if:
> 1) The error document's content is proxied.
> 2) ProxyErrorOverride is set.
> The solution proposed is to limit the use of ap_die only
> to the initial request. I tested the change with very basic
> scenarios but I am not sure if I got all the use cases,
> feedback is really welcome.

Does this only affect mod_proxy_fcgi or does it affect the other proxy modules as well?

Regards

R�diger

Re: svn commit: r1753167 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/proxy/mod_proxy_fcgi.c

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.

Hi Ruediger,

> On 07/18/2016 10:02 AM, elukey@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: elukey
> > Date: Mon Jul 18 08:02:23 2016
> > New Revision: 1753167

> > Log:
> > mod_proxy_fcgi: avoid loops serving proxied error documents
> >
> > This commit should solve the issue indicated in PR 55415.
> > Httpd loops while serving a error document if:
> > 1) The error document's content is proxied.
> > 2) ProxyErrorOverride is set.
> > The solution proposed is to limit the use of ap_die only
> > to the initial request. I tested the change with very basic
> > scenarios but I am not sure if I got all the use cases,
> > feedback is really welcome.
> >

> Does this only affect mod_proxy_fcgi or does it affect the other proxy
> modules as well?

the bugzilla report was only for mod_proxy_fcgi. I checked mod_proxy_http
and the issue has already been fixed in the past (in a different way since
it doesn't use ap_die at all afaiu). I am not sure about all the proxy
modules but we could make a quick check to all of them.

Regards,

Luca