Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Zulfikar Dholkawala <zu...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/26 12:20:17 UTC

Generating Chart using Apache POI

Hi I am facing problem generating chart using Apache POI.

I have Excel template file which contains blank chart
and predefined range of cells selected. what I do is,
I populate that template file with some data and want
chart to be updated accordingly.

Its giving me following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFSheet.setPropertiesFromSheet
(HSSFSheet.java:174)
	at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFSheet.<init>(HSSFSheet.java:132)
	at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:154)
	at
com.changingworlds.nav.reporter.rm.csvgen.POIExcelChart.main
(POIExcelChart.java:36)

kindly let me know I can send my code snippet as well if needed.
I am confused and really stuck.

Kind regards and thanks.

Zulfiqar