Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2003/10/15 02:49:22 UTC

Interop testing

Kellogg, Richard wrote:

> I am interested in developing a test suite for Axis/.NET compatibility.
> Was thinking of using NUnit for client side testing.  Any thoughts on
> the topic?

I'm using nunit on my day job; testing COM code. It's ok.

One thing axis does that you cant do .net side is auto-generation of the
test stubs, which is a shame.

> My impression is that we have way too many java based junit tests with
> little documentation of what is actually being tested.

every test tests a defect. If they work -why are you worrying?

More to the issue is coverage -what are we missing, etc.

> Any work on this topic would have to be done on my own time.  Too busy
> at work.

likewise. I am not doing any SOAPy stuff at work right now, anyway.

We can also test axis client to NET server, for any system with IIS
running nearby. I have demos of that in the code to go with
the-wondrous-curse-of-interop talk.

Essentially Ant has the tasks needed to do the right thing, though
ant1.6 has a vastly better <csc> task -I'd start there.