Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID> on 2019/12/29 18:14:37 UTC

building post-11.2

I haven't built from source in a while. Pulled from master, ran a clean,
then "ant -Dpermit.jdk9.builds=true". The build failed with:

-do-compile:
 [nb-javac] Compiling 40 source files to
/mnt/common/netbeans-src/netbeans/platform/o.n.bootstrap/build/classes
   [repeat] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in
conjunction with -source 8
   [repeat] error: warnings found and -Werror specified
   [repeat] error: warnings found and -Werror specified
   [repeat] error: warnings found and -Werror specified
   [repeat] error: warnings found and -Werror specified
   [repeat] 4 errors
   [repeat] 1 warning
  [nbmerge] Failed to build target: all-o.n.bootstrap

My JDK is:
openjdk version "11.0.5" 2019-10-15
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.5+10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.5+10, mixed mode)

What am I doing wrong?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: building post-11.2

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi Glen,

Am Sonntag, den 29.12.2019, 12:14 -0600 schrieb Glenn Holmer:
> I haven't built from source in a while. Pulled from master, ran a
> clean,
> then "ant -Dpermit.jdk9.builds=true". The build failed with:
>
> -do-compile:
>  [nb-javac] Compiling 40 source files to
> /mnt/common/netbeans-
> src/netbeans/platform/o.n.bootstrap/build/classes
>    [repeat] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in
> conjunction with -source 8
>    [repeat] error: warnings found and -Werror specified
>    [repeat] error: warnings found and -Werror specified
>    [repeat] error: warnings found and -Werror specified
>    [repeat] error: warnings found and -Werror specified
>    [repeat] 4 errors
>    [repeat] 1 warning
>   [nbmerge] Failed to build target: all-o.n.bootstrap
>
> My JDK is:
> openjdk version "11.0.5" 2019-10-15
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.5+10)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.5+10, mixed mode)
>
> What am I doing wrong?

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1830

Greetings

Matthias