Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at> on 2007/10/10 12:59:38 UTC

How to add menu entries to Project Information

Hi all!

I've set up a simple site for a project following the documentation on
maven.apache.org. I basically have a "Welcome Page" and the usual "Project
Documentation" links with "Project Information" and "Project Reports" on
the left side.

What I want to do is add another menu entry to the "Project Information"
navigation menu. The new entry should be on the same level as "Continuous
Integration", "Dependencies" or "Issue Tracking".

Does anybody know if this is possible and how to obtain this behaviour?

Many thanks in advance,
- martin
--
Martin Höller                   | martin.hoeller@xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/

Re: How to add menu entries to Project Information

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On 10. Oktober 2007 Manos Batsis wrote:

> I usually just add menu entries in site.xml.

Yes, this is what I found out quite easily. However, the link I want to add
is a link for an enterprise content management system (www.nuxeo.org) and
would fit to the other entries in "Project Information".

> What you want however, is
> to add another link in the menu generated by the info reports plugin
> [1], so you probably have to check it out more thoroughly to figure out
> a way to do this (for example extend it if this cant work as-is).
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/

Thanks for the link. However, it seems adding own entries is not supported
at the moment. I'll probably just add the link in the site.xml as you
suggested earlier.

- martin

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
Martin Hoeller wrote:
> I've set up a simple site for a project following the documentation on
> maven.apache.org. I basically have a "Welcome Page" and the usual "Project
> Documentation" links with "Project Information" and "Project Reports" on
> the left side.
>
> What I want to do is add another menu entry to the "Project Information"
> navigation menu. The new entry should be on the same level as "Continuous
> Integration", "Dependencies" or "Issue Tracking".
>
> Does anybody know if this is possible and how to obtain this behaviour?

I usually just add menu entries in site.xml. What you want however, is
to add another link in the menu generated by the info reports plugin
[1], so you probably have to check it out more thoroughly to figure out
a way to do this (for example extend it if this cant work as-is).

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/

hth,

Manos