Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Manish Anand <ma...@chipmunk.bio.indiana.edu> on 2002/11/08 23:20:12 UTC

Apache 1.3.27 + Mod_perl(sunOS Solaris) installation problem

Hi !

I am trying to install Apache1.3.27 + Mod_perl 1.27... I was successful in
eventually installing the apache with mod-perl support. I verified that
mod-perl was installed by 'httpd -l' command. Everything seemd to be
working the way it shoudl, but when i run the server... it says 'httpd
server started' ... but actually the server is not started. The post is
inaccessible through the browser and when u give the command to stop the
http server, it says that the server is not running.

Kindly, let me know the cause of such a problem and remedies to overcome
them.

Thanking you,
Manish

Re: Apache 1.3.27 + Mod_perl(sunOS Solaris) installation problem

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Manish Anand wrote:

> I am trying to install Apache1.3.27 + Mod_perl 1.27... I was successful in
> eventually installing the apache with mod-perl support. I verified that
> mod-perl was installed by 'httpd -l' command. Everything seemd to be
> working the way it shoudl, but when i run the server... it says 'httpd
> server started' ... but actually the server is not started. The post is
> inaccessible through the browser and when u give the command to stop the
> http server, it says that the server is not running.
>
> Kindly, let me know the cause of such a problem and remedies to overcome
> them.

You do not give enough information to say what might be wrong.  Please
read the documentation concerning what information should be given in
messages to this list, and then provide that information.  The first
document you should to read is

.../mod_perl-1.27/SUPPORT

73,
Ged.