Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Christofer Jennings <bo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/15 19:12:10 UTC

trouble adding Maven 2.0 pom

Hi,

I'm trying continuum-1.1-beta-4 and having trouble adding a maven 2.0.7 pom.

I haven't used continuum for a while, so I'm basically a newbee.

If I put in a pom url like this:
     file:///C:/wicket/wickety/pom.xml
I get this message:
     The specified resource isn't a file or the protocol used isn't allowed.

If I try to upload a pom with a path like this:
     C:\wicket\wickety\pom.xml
I get this message:
      Missing 'scm' element in the POM.

The pom is a single module project. And I didn't change any other fields
from their defaults.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
chris

Re: trouble adding Maven 2.0 pom

Posted by Christofer Jennings <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Wendy!

That did the trick. No complaints about the javadoc plugin that I see so
far.

Thanks all for your guidance.

,chris

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Jennings <bo...@gmail.com>.
I got SVN installed locally and set up my POM to use its repository.
Continuum can now get the files and build but I get an error about compiling
with generics. I says "use -source 5 or higher to enable generics" but I
don't know where to put "-source 5" .... hmmm

progress! :)
,chris

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Johnathan Gifford <jg...@wernervas.com>.
Continuum may not know where or see your svn command line client
binaries.   Make sure the system path has directory location of your svn
executable in the path.

Johnathan

>>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at  2:06 PM, in message
<85...@mail.gmail.com>,

Posted by Christofer Jennings <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Jennings <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Emmanuel,