Posted to users@maven.apache.org by greenstar <jn...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/10 18:39:32 UTC

pom dependencies not found in the reactor.

Hello,

I have a situation where dependencies of type "pom" are not found in the
reactor (ie: multi-module builds).  If the dependency is of type "jar", then
it is found in the reactor with no problems.  What is special about "pom"
types in the reactor?

As an aside, the reason I am depending on a "pom" type is because I use this
for a bundling mechanism to group common sets of dependencies that are
included in other artifacts over and over again.  We can't use the
<dependencyManagement> parent mechanism because we already use the single
inheritance for another orthogonal concern.  Using pom bundles works well
except for the fact that dependencies of this type are not found in the
reactor.  Am I abusing poms by using them this way?  Is there a better way
to group dependencies without using the parent's <dependencyManagement>
mechanism?  I could also just change the type of these bundles to type jar.
This works fine.  It produces a small empty jar artifact which is fine, but
this seems a bit hackish.

Thanks for your time.

Re: pom dependencies not found in the reactor.

Posted by gotama <li...@bgb.net>.

There is something wrong w/ the list or Nabble. My posts were not going
through so I hit resend on Nabble. Nabble said the post was not accepted so
I don't understand why there are duplicates. Nothing went through last night
through this afternoon. I'm guessing either the list got backed up for 12+
hours and finally fired them all out, or Nabble was incorrect when it said
the post was not accepted when it really was.

I'd be interested to know if there were issues with the list or Nabble in
the past day. Sorry for the dups!

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by gotama <li...@bgb.net>.