Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/02 19:06:22 UTC

[OJB XDoclet] fails because of database schema dtd

Hello,

independent from OTM I came across another issue with OJB. I'm using the OJB
XDoclet module for generating all the schema, descriptor, XML stuff. Yesterday I
got Torque working, it generates my database schema XML now, unfortunately with
an old URI for the DTD:

[torque-sql] (transform.DTDResolver 140 ) Resolver: used
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/dtd/database.dtd
[torque-sql] (transform.DTDResolver 160 ) Couldn't read DTD specified in XML
schema:
[torque-sql] java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I'm behind a proxy, so that's probably the deeper reason for the fail. But as I
know the generation works from the OJB tests I had a look into its schemas and
there another DTD is referenced:
http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_0_1.dtd
This one is probably not fetched from remote, but from a JAR, so it works. The
OJB XDoclet module should also reflect that change. Otherwise I can not use it
for my automatic build as I have to replace the DTD by hand.

Thanks in advance,

Joerg

Re: [OJB XDoclet] fails because of database schema dtd

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Thomas Dudziak <tomdz <at> first.gmd.de> writes:

> > I'm behind a proxy, so that's probably the deeper reason for the fail. But
> > as I know the generation works from the OJB tests I had a look into its
> > schemas and there another DTD is referenced:
> > http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_0_1.dtd
> > This one is probably not fetched from remote, but from a JAR, so it works.
> > The OJB XDoclet module should also reflect that change. Otherwise I can not
> > use it for my automatic build as I have to replace the DTD by hand.
>
> No you don't as you can specify the DTD that is used via the dtdUrl
> attribute of the torqueschema subtask (see the docs for details).

Thanks for the hint, it works.

> Any
> other problem is due to Torque then (the XDoclet module does not check the
> DTD), or the XML parser used by Torque (there are issues with older Xerces
> parsers).

That was clear to me. But Torque must have been failing as the wrong DTD was
referenced and the XDoclet module added the reference to the schema file. That
was why I wrote to this list. I don't know why the default is still
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/dtd/database.dtd when Torque has moved to
db.apache.org. This would also be the reason that Torque itself knows the
database.dtd from db.apache.org, but not from jakarta.apache.org.

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>.
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> independent from OTM I came across another issue with OJB. I'm using the OJB
> XDoclet module for generating all the schema, descriptor, XML stuff. Yesterday I
> got Torque working, it generates my database schema XML now, unfortunately with
> an old URI for the DTD:
>
> [torque-sql] (transform.DTDResolver 140 ) Resolver: used
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/dtd/database.dtd
> [torque-sql] (transform.DTDResolver 160 ) Couldn't read DTD specified in XML
> schema:
> [torque-sql] java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>
> I'm behind a proxy, so that's probably the deeper reason for the fail. But as I
> know the generation works from the OJB tests I had a look into its schemas and
> there another DTD is referenced:
> http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_0_1.dtd
> This one is probably not fetched from remote, but from a JAR, so it works. The
> OJB XDoclet module should also reflect that change. Otherwise I can not use it
> for my automatic build as I have to replace the DTD by hand.

No you don't as you can specify the DTD that is used via the dtdUrl
attribute of the torqueschema subtask (see the docs for details). Any
other problem is due to Torque then (the XDoclet module does not check the
DTD), or the XML parser used by Torque (there are issues with older Xerces
parsers).

Tom