Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Busch <cb...@medservelink.com> on 2000/07/28 01:54:42 UTC

jsps in tomcat

With gnujsp, we have our .jsp files sitting along everything else like cgi
and .gif in the doc hierarchy.  From the looks of Tomcat, it will not
support this.  Is that true?  We need to have .jsp files anywhere after the
doc root for downward compatibility.

Any suggestions?

Re: jsps in tomcat

Posted by Holger Klawitter <ho...@klawitter.de>.
> >With gnujsp, we have our .jsp files sitting along everything else like cgi
> >and .gif in the doc hierarchy.  From the looks of Tomcat, it will not
> >support this.  Is that true?  We need to have .jsp files anywhere after the
> >doc root for downward compatibility.
>
> What makes you think it won't support it?  Tomcat recognizes .jsp files by their extension, not location.

It's not that easy!

The root context has to be expanded to the document root of your
webserver. Otherwise tomcat gets the request from the server and
searches for the jsp file in the wrong place. Try something like
this in server.xml:

<Context path="" docBase="/document/root/dir" debug="0" reloadable="true">
</Context>

Regards,
Mit freundlichem Gruß,
	Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                                    +49 (0)251 484 0637
holger@klawitter.de                            http://www.klawitter.de/

Re: jsps in tomcat

Posted by Russell Gold <ru...@acm.org>.
At 7:54 PM -0400 7/27/00, Chris Busch wrote:
>With gnujsp, we have our .jsp files sitting along everything else like cgi
>and .gif in the doc hierarchy.  From the looks of Tomcat, it will not
>support this.  Is that true?  We need to have .jsp files anywhere after the
>doc root for downward compatibility.

What makes you think it won't support it?  Tomcat recognizes .jsp files by their extension, not location.

Russell Gold                     | "... society is tradition and order
russgold@acm.org    (preferred)  | and reverence, not a series of cheap
russgold@netaxs.com              | bargains between selfish interests."
rgold@thesycamoregroup.com       |   - Poul Anderson, "Iron"