Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/19 21:41:49 UTC

Re: which issues are blockers for 0.4?

So let's see.  We have a patch for 440, that looks ready to go.
How are 444 and 442 going?

I can document the SocketTeeWriter.

I'd like to do something about CHUKWA-447 -- metrics being too
expensive to collect -- but I don't quite know what the fix is.

Also, we should address CHUKWA-446 -- the scripts -- and update
documentation accordingly.

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department

Re: which issues are blockers for 0.4?

Posted by Jerome Boulon <jb...@netflix.com>.
Hi everyone,
I will not be able to release my stuff since I had to switch to something
else for the last month.

Could we have a sync on who/how chukwa is used today?

/Jerome.

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.
440 is ready for commit, and 442 is already committed.

446 is proposed for review of the user command line interface, and needs to
be implemented to complete.  I am taking on this one.   Please vote before I
start to implement.

447, probably use junit or System.currentTImeMillis() to calculate where the
adaptor taking up most of the time.  By eye examination, I don't see
anything that could be optimized to improve performance.

Regards,
Eric