Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Gence Soysal <Ge...@syntegra.com> on 2003/04/16 22:41:51 UTC

DataSourceFactory config issue

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble configuring Jetspeed to run with Oracle. I have done it successfully
on one Linux server, but the exact same configuration/install does not run on another,
and neither on my Win2k desktop. The error I get when I startup Tomcat and connect
to my app is:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): There was no DataSourceFactory configured for the connection default at org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.initClass(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:154) at org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.<clinit>(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:128)

There was a discussion earlier on this group about the same error, and the answer was
to use the value "default" for the torque.database.default property, which I have done.
Are there any other reasons for this error to occur?

Thanks in advance,

Gence