Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <ni...@negativetwenty.net> on 2005/06/08 16:08:35 UTC

Re[2]: Border vs Tiles

Hello Andrey,

Monday, June 6, 2005, 11:05:15 AM, you wrote:

> Thank you. Solution turned out to not so simple like in Tiles or using
> <jsp:include>. I need to write custom component for each part of the page.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but you don't *need* to write them
as components.  Your header, footer, login, etc. can just be part of
your border component.  For a small example, see:

http://www.negativetwenty.net/svn/bookmarker/trunk/context/WEB-INF/Border.html

--
Best regards,
 Kevin                            mailto:nirvdrum@negativetwenty.net

Re: Re[2]: Border vs Tiles

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@negativetwenty.net>.
On Jul 26, 2005, at 1:59 AM, Andrey Tkach wrote:

> Thank you for reply, your code proved to be quite interesting. Is it
> somewhere the live example of current implementation of Bookmarker?
> Because
> when I tried to contact ...:8080 the connection was refused.

Ahh, sorry.  I changed the host that the webapp ran on from the one
the code is hosted on.  I'll try to get a live copy back up and
running soon.  I also intend on migrating it to Picasso, which may be
interesting for people to look at.

--
Kevin

RE: Re[2]: Border vs Tiles

Posted by Andrey Tkach <tk...@sac.com.ua>.
Hello Kevin,

Yep, I see. I was pretty new to Tapestry, coming from Struts. The idea was
ability to substitute not only one part of the Border component, i.e. have 2
or more tags like this
Now with growing experience in Tapestry I see it could be solved different
ways, like setting up the properties or writing own components.
Thank you for reply, your code proved to be quite interesting. Is it
somewhere the live example of current implementation of Bookmarker? Because
when I tried to contact ...:8080 the connection was refused.

Best wishes,