Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by nitin shitole <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/09 05:36:22 UTC

Xerces-c 2.7 on AIX using g++

Hi,

I am trying to build the xerces library (version 2.7) on AIX (version 5.3)
using GCC compiler (version 4.0.2), and getting compilation errors.

I searched "Xerces-C  Mailing list ARChives" and got the following
information, from David A. Cargill

--------------START-------------------------------
For you link problem, the build for AIX assumes you are using xlC.  So when
you specify a compiler of gcc/g++ it still uses xlC for the link.  You
would need to override the Makefile.incl in /src/xercesc to test the
compiler and then point to the appropriate libraries for g++ and invoke
something other than makeC++SharedLib_r.

Regards,
David A. Cargill

-----------------END----------------------------

According to David, he is specifying 3 modifications:
1)  Test the compiler
2)  Pointing to the appropriate libraries for g++
3)  Invoking something other than makeC++SharedLib_r

Could David/you guys please elaborate above 3 points?

I modifed  Makefile.incl to get rid of compilation and linking errors.
Now the xerces librarary is built, but I am getting several linking
warnings:
ld: 0711-224 WARNING....

I will let you know the changes done in Makefile.incl if you want to have a
look at them.

Thanks in advance,
Nitin

Re: Xerces-c 2.7 on AIX using g++

Posted by nitin shitole <ni...@gmail.com>.
That's not the issue,
I am taking care of reflecting the changes done in makefile.incl everytime.

Re: Xerces-c 2.7 on AIX using g++

Posted by nitin shitole <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David,

I'll try running a perl script and let you know the result of it.

Thanks again,
Nitin

RE: Xerces-c 2.7 on AIX using g++

RE: Xerces-c 2.7 on AIX using g++