Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Patrik Karlström <pa...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/26 12:58:34 UTC

Bold font with FlatLaf

I just installed Fedora Linux (KDE) for the first time in many many years
and noticed that the font in the IDE 16 and in a much older platform app is
bold when using FlatLaf.

It took me a restart of netbeans before the font got bold I *think*,
but after that it happened every time. It occurred immediately with a fresh
userdir.

Inspired by this link I changed the system font from Noto Sans to
Liberation Sans and that helped me. It's looking good now.
https://github.com/JFormDesigner/FlatLaf/issues/337

Switching fonts back and forth makes the problem come and go.

This is just an FYI incase of this starts popping up elsewhere.

Patrik

>System Info:
  Product Version         = Apache NetBeans IDE 16
  Operating System        = Linux version 6.0.9-300.fc37.x86_64 running on
amd64
  Java; VM; Vendor        = 19.0.1; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 19.0.1+10;
Azul Systems, Inc.
  Runtime                 = OpenJDK Runtime Environment 19.0.1+10
  Java Home               =
/mnt/atlas/user-config/.sdkman/candidates/java/19.0.1.fx-zulu
  System Locale; Encoding = sv_SE (nb); UTF-8
  Home Directory          = /home/pata
  Current Directory       = /home/pata
  User Directory          = /home/pata/snap/netbeans/74
  Cache Directory         = /home/pata/snap/netbeans/common/74