Posted to users@maven.apache.org by André Salvati <an...@buscape-inc.com> on 2007/06/06 22:57:12 UTC

Cascading package dependencies

Hi,

I'm a newbie with Maven 2 (2.0.6). Just wondering the following situation:

I'm working with 3 modules: 1 father (Project1) and 2 children (Project2
and Project3). Project2 depends on Project3.

Firstly, I'd like Maven was able to detect updates, compile, build and
package Project3 in case of issuing "mvn install" on Project2. Is it
possible?

These are excerpts from my .pom files:

Projetc1 (father):

	<modules>
		<module>Project2</module>
		<module>Project3</module>
	</modules>

Projetc2

	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>xpto</groupId>
			<artifactId>Project3</artifactId>
			<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
			<scope>provided</scope>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>

Re: Cascading package dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I don't use really use Eclipse much, especially not for building Maven
projects. I use the command line for Maven as we are required to have
all projects building successfully under Maven at all times.

I (nearly) always build my projects from the "top" which means all the
modules etc will be updated during the compilation.

Wayne

Posted by André Salvati <an...@buscape-inc.com>.
Hi Wayne,

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.