Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> on 2016/05/13 05:41:03 UTC

Integration with Apache Apex

Dear Ignite community,

Apache Apex is a data in-motion processing platform. It was developed since
2012 and recently became an ASF top level project:

http://apex.apache.org/docs.html

The Apex engine can process large scale, high throughput streams with very
low latency. It is a stateful system with strong processing guarantees. A
unique feature of Apex is the ability to recover from failures without
resetting the entire topology and also the ability to scale or change the
application dynamically. Apex also has a large library of connectors,
supporting integration with many well known projects in the wider big data
ecosystem out of the box.

It would be great to add Ignite to the list. I think Apex as processing
engine and Ignite as storage layer would be a very powerful combination.
Here are some use cases for such integration:

   - Connectors to read from Ignite or land data in Ignite (
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3131)
   - Checkpointing backend (alternative implementation for Apex
   StorageAgent)
   - Backend for operator specific state management

It would be great if someone in Ignite community wants to take this up and
collaborate. There is also a ticket in the Apex JIRA to track this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2091

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Integration with Apache Apex

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
Hi Vladisav,

Great, thanks for taking this up. Please contact us on the Apex users or dev list if you have any questions regarding the Apex side of things:

http://apex.apache.org/community.html

You can also create a subtask here:

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
This will be great. Feel free to assign the ticket to yourself.

Posted by Vladisav Jelisavcic <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,