Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/05 11:00:59 UTC

Double Framework SWCs

Sorry if I’m a bit confused, but over the history of the project, the build process has changed more than once.

As far as I can tell, the framework builds are building swcs twice: Once for [Project].swc and again for [Project]JS.swc. The weird thing is that both the SWF build and the JS build is being done for both of these. Unless I’m missing something, the build is taking twice as long as it needs to. The main swc and the JS swc seems to have the exact same content. (i.e. They both have a swf and all the JS files)

Why do we even need the separate ***JS projects? What am I missing?

Harbs

Re: Double Framework SWCs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
The compiler can only currently understand pre-compiled definitions by
reading the library.swf in a SWC.  It does not know how to parse JS to
build definitions.  So, in order to have a set of definitions for
COMPILE::SWF and a separate set of definitions for COMPILE::JS, we need
two sets of SWCs.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Creating+SWCs

We put the JS files in both sets of SWCs in order to make it easier to use
SWCs.  If you do not use any platform specific APIs from a SWC, you can
just add the COMPILE::SWF SWC to the -library-path just like in regular
Flex.

HTH,
-Alex

Re: Double Framework SWCs