Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jacob Lund <ja...@qualiware.com> on 2002/06/10 14:14:34 UTC

Slide and loadbalancing

Has anyone tried  2x slide-tomcat using apache server as loadbalancer?

/Jacob

Re: Slide and loadbalancing

Posted by Kevin O'Neill <ke...@rocketred.com.au>.
On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 22:14, Jacob Lund wrote:
> Has anyone tried  2x slide-tomcat using apache server as loadbalancer?

A had a number of problems with the chunked encoded data being trashed
on the way though :(

-k.

Re: Slide and loadbalancing

Posted by Jason <ja...@xn.com.au>.
Yes, we have.  We basically turned caching off, but just left it on on
/actions and /users.  Performance was much worse than the usual non-load
balanced case.  You might want to explore ways to have your instances of
tomcat talk to a single stand alone instance of slide.  cheers, Jason