Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/21 14:39:27 UTC

Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference application

Jakob Færch (Trifork) wrote:

> What I meant was that it would be very nice, if you could spare the time
> to fix the unpack server/distribute application issues.

Done.

> I still haven't gotten nearer resolving the issue I was referring to in
> my mail of 2005-12-15 (the findByPrimaryKey method which doesn't see an
> entity created in the same transaction ctx).
> My mail didn't foster any responses; would it be possible for you to ask
> someone who's in the know about OpenEJB whether this looks like a bug or
> a deployment issue?

I had to miss it. I'll be looking into it and will respond.

> My status is now that I've finally gotten the various web services and
> JMS queues wired up so well that I can submit and order and see it reach
>  "Completed State". I have an issue with the activity supplier sending
> quite a lot of duplicate invoices. I'll look into that today, but I
> guess it would make sense for me to create another patch.
>
> Should I make another patch against revision 357942, or should I wait
> for you to commit your work and the patches I uploaded yesterday, and
> then make the patch against those files?

Thanks for the patches! I didn't apply them, so if you could create a
new one with the diffs between your changes and the latest sources it
would save me lots of time. Thanks again for your contribution!

> Jakob

Jacek

Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference application. Issues with the tomcat distribution, issues with the javamail implementation

Posted by "Jakob Færch (Trifork)" <jr...@trifork.com>.
David Jencks wrote:

>>> I can't seem to find them anywhere in the "normal" source checkout  I
>>> have got by following the Wiki instructions on <http://
>>> wiki.apache.org/geronimo/GettingSourceCode>.
>>

>> Get them from http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/specs/trunk/
>

> Well, the actual 1.0 specs should be from
>
> https://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/specs/tags/1_0/
>
> although I think there are no differences at this point.
>
> To build (with maven 2) I think you just type
>
> mvn
>
> Hope this is not too nit-picky and is helpful

Not at all nit-picky!

Worked like a charm - although i had to
  - checkout using svn and URL
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/1_0>
  - run "mvn install" instead of "mvn"
to make the build work.

Thanks a lot.

Jakob

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Dec 22, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Jakob Færch (Trifork) wrote:
>
>> Hi Jacek
>
> Hi Jakob,
>
>> Using the 1.0 prerelease from <http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/
>> geronimo-1.0/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.0-20051219.zip>, I get
>> ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet when
>> booting the server using the tomcat build. It seems the error
>> occurs for  every webservice-enabled bean in the application.
>
> I've noticed it too once I applied your patch and I don't have any
> ideas yet how to sort it out.
>
>> I've included the stacktrace from the log for one of the beans. Do
>> you - or anyone else who might be reading this - have any idea
>> what is going on?
>
> Nope.
>
>> If I exchange the artifactId for the unpackServer goal to use the
>> geronimo-jetty-j2ee distribution, everything seems to work all
>> right; no errors on startup, and the orders I submit seems to be
>> processed all the  way to 'completed' state.
>
> Whow, that's a very interesting thing. It makes us sure that it's
> not the AB configurations but Tomcat may exhibit some "features".
>
>> I guess I'm just experiencing problems with the tomcat
>> distributions created so far, but we still have to sort this out
>> when the 1.0 enters final.
>

> Absolutely, but the first things first. We need to make it run on
> one or another container and then crack down remaining issues. It
> may be that the issues are because of broken configurations we use.
>
>> I continue looking into the problems sending mail; I think I have
>> tracked the problem down to an anomaly in the Geronimo
>> implementation of  javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage from the
>> geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_spec-1.0.jar.
>
> Awesome. Keep digging up. It seems very promising.
>
>> Do you know if it's documented somewhere how to get hold of the
>> spec sources and build them?
>
> Sure. Download the sources from the repo and build them using the
> following procedure:
>
> maven m:co
> rm -rf ~/.maven/plugins ~/.maven/cache/geronimo* ~/.maven/
> repository/geronimo/plugins
> maven m:clean m:clean-repo new
>
> It worked for me, but some first tries finished with errors. Don't
> be worried and keep trying ;)

This seems to be the geronimo build procedure rather than the
geronimo-specs build procedure

>> I can't seem to find them anywhere in the "normal" source checkout
>> I have got by following the Wiki instructions on <http://
>> wiki.apache.org/geronimo/GettingSourceCode>.
>
> Get them from http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/specs/trunk/

Well, the actual 1.0 specs should be from

https://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/specs/tags/1_0/

although I think there are no differences at this point.

To build (with maven 2) I think you just type

mvn

Hope this is not too nit-picky and is helpful
thanks
david jencks

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jakob Færch (Trifork)" <jr...@trifork.com>.
> I got at few conflicts when updating. First thing tomorrow I will
> resolve them, check that the application deploys and seems to be working
> on my system, then I'll attach a new patch.
>
> I'm trying to make the status mails work. I'll look further into that
> tomorrow; hopefully my cry for help on the user list will help me decide
>  what to do next.
>
> Jakob

Hi Jacek

[...]

The behaviour I'm seeing is that To receipients set on a MimeMessage msg
using msg.setRecipients isn't returned by msg.getAllReceipients().

Do you know if it's documented somewhere how to get hold of the spec
sources and build them? I can't seem to find them anywhere in the
[...]

19:37:34,113 INFO  [ContextConfig] Missing application web.xml, using
defaults only
StandardEngine[Geronimo].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/webservice/WebServiceBroker]
19:37:34,193 ERROR [[/webservice/WebServiceBroker]] Error loading
WebappClassLoader
   delegate: true
   repositories:
----------> Parent Classloader:
[org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader
id=org/apache/geronimo/OPC1.0.3]
  org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1338)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1187)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1027)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:925)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3880)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4141)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addWebService(TomcatContainer.java:337)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)
	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.webservices.SoapHandler$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4f1143be.addWebService(<generated>)
	at org.openejb.server.axis.WSContainer.<init>(WSContainer.java:98)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:901)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:325)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:110)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:520)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference.attemptFullStart(GBeanSingleReference.java:154)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference.targetAdded(GBeanSingleReference.java:127)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.AbstractGBeanReference.addTarget(AbstractGBeanReference.java:242)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference$1.running(GBeanSingleReference.java:163)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:155)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.access$300(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:38)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBroadcaster.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:231)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:350)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:110)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:132)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:537)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:208)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.startRecursiveGBeans(Configuration.java:315)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration$$FastClassByCGLIB$$7f4b4a9b.invoke(<generated>)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:835)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:178)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:173)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl.start(ConfigurationManagerImpl.java:142)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl$$FastClassByCGLIB$$fbed85d2.invoke(<generated>)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)
	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$3985bfc5.start(<generated>)
	at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:323)
	at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:82)
	at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:404)
19:37:34,193 ERROR [[/webservice/WebServiceBroker]] Servlet
/webservice/WebServiceBroker threw load() exception
[...]
19:37:34,303 ERROR [Registry] Null component
Geronimo:type=JspMonitor,name=jsp,WebModule=//localhost/webservice/WebServiceBroker,J2EEApplication=none,J2EEServer=none
19:37:35,405 INFO  [ContextConfig] Missing application web.xml, using
defaults only
StandardEngine[Geronimo].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/webservice/OtEndpointBean]
19:37:35,455 ERROR [[/webservice/OtEndpointBean]] Error loading
[...]
19:37:35,465 ERROR [[/webservice/OtEndpointBean]] Servlet
/webservice/OtEndpointBean threw load() exception
[...]
19:37:36,787 ERROR [Registry] Null component
Geronimo:type=JspMonitor,name=jsp,WebModule=//localhost/webservice/OtEndpointBean,J2EEApplication=none,J2EEServer=none

Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference application

Posted by "Jakob Færch (Trifork)" <jr...@trifork.com>.
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>> I still haven't gotten nearer resolving the issue I was referring to
>> in my mail of 2005-12-15 (the findByPrimaryKey method which doesn't
>> see an entity created in the same transaction ctx).
>> My mail didn't foster any responses; would it be possible for you to
>> ask someone who's in the know about OpenEJB whether this looks like a
>> bug or a deployment issue?
>

> I had to miss it. I'll be looking into it and will respond.

Sounds fine.