Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shyam <gs...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/21 21:43:26 UTC

connectionpool initial number of connections

Hi,
I have successfully migrated my application from using a third party
connection pooling to tomcat connection pooling using data sources. The
documentation helped me a lot. However I want to initialize a certain
number of connections at the start up just as the maxActive connections.
Is there anyway of doing this?
Thanks
shyam

RES: connectionpool initial number of connections

Posted by Marcelo Baltar <ma...@task.com.br>.
Hi Shyam,

By "using tomcat connection pooling", I suppose you're using commons-dbcp.
Take a look at

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html

And you'll notice the "initialSize" parameter. :)

Hope that helps!

Marcelo