Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Reh <re...@hebis.uni-frankfurt.de> on 2013/11/04 13:34:19 UTC

SolrCloud: read only node

Hi,

as service provider for libraries we run a small cloud (1 collection, 1
shard, 3 replicas).  To improve the local reliability we want to offer
the possibility to set up own local replicas.
As fas as I know, this can be easily done just by adding a new node to
the cloud. But the external node shouldn't be able to do any changes on
the index.

Is there a cheap way to restrict a node of a SolrCloud into a read only
modus?
Is it a better idea, to do legacy replication from one node (master) to
an external slave?

Uwe

Re: SolrCloud: read only node

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Well, I do have to question why you need to do anything.
Just don't send updates to the remote machines......

But do remember that all nodes in SolrCloud can be equal,
which is one of the points.....

FWIW,
Erick

Re: SolrCloud: read only node