Posted to user@struts.apache.org by William Connor <bi...@tangoone.com> on 2002/09/19 04:58:34 UTC

[Forward-Looking] Portal API and JavaServer Faces

As long as we're postulating how things will work together, is there any
cooperation going on between the folks working on the Portal API and the
JSF expert group? From what I've seen so far, I fear that using JSF to
create portal content, which I'd very much like to do, is going to be
difficult. Am I just being pessimistic?

Re: [Forward-Looking] Portal API and JavaServer Faces

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, William Connor wrote:

> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:58:34 -0600
> From: William Connor <bi...@tangoone.com>
> Subject: [Forward-Looking] Portal API and JavaServer Faces
>
> As long as we're postulating how things will work together, is there any
> cooperation going on between the folks working on the Portal API and the
> JSF expert group? From what I've seen so far, I fear that using JSF to
> create portal content, which I'd very much like to do, is going to be
> difficult. Am I just being pessimistic?

Yep.

The expert groups are sharing information to make sure that you can use
JSF to create portlet content.  For more info about the portlets spec,
see:

  http://jcp.org/jsr/detail/168.jsp

Craig