Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/24 18:54:12 UTC

svn update, simple question.

Hi.

If I do a "svn update trunk" (I have all sources stored in directory
trunk", do I then need to run configure again ???

my system seems to be spinning, after "svn update" I cannot run "build" in
the single directories that all worked before "svn update".

Simple question, hopefully simple answer :-)
jan.

Re: svn update, simple question.

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 25 October 2012 13:03, Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>

> On 25.10.2012 11:09, jan iversen wrote:
>
>> Now I know what I did wrong, I did run configure again but not in a new
>> shell (forgot the environment variables).
>>

> Good. Do you happen to know which environment variables were the problem
> in this case? It would be great to have a mechanism that avoided this
> source of confusion but cleaning up such environment variables. AFAIK most
> of them are supposed to be unset in the script written by the bootstrap
> step.

Yes at least I know one "CC", I had for experimental use changed it to a
different compiler, and configure used it for the Linux script.

I will check next time to see if there are others.

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
Hi Jan,

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information.

Now I know what I did wrong, I did run configure again but not in a new
shell (forgot the environment variables).

I think the real hazzle is to understand the process, once you get the
initial build done and understand a bit about the build/makefiles it is
pretty clean.

I worked in another project, where the build required you to open 3 shells,
and start different commands at different stages, that was challenging
compared to this :-)

have a nice day.
jan I.

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.