Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1997/07/10 02:11:05 UTC

Re: [SYNC] mod_rewrite 3.0.8

>BTW: Yes, I hate it to sync the stuff all the time, too. Instead
>     I would really prefer to maintain the code _FOR_ and _AT_ the Apache
>     Groups repository.  But because the Apache Group never gave me group
>     ownership _including_ CVS access, I'm still forced to maintain my own
>     (official) copy of the mod_rewrite sources.  Sorry, but I don't want to
>     give my own code away and maintain it in a way where I don't have direct
>     access too it any longer. (Yes, I know, voting is always needed, but
>     thats not the point). I've discussed this two times with the group in the
>     past and although most of the members agreed with me I still don't have
>     CVS access. Hmmm, the group will have reasons, I'm sure...

That's because you have to ask Brian for an account on hyperreal,
not the Apache Group.  The last time this came up, Brian was on another
continent. The time before that he was in another state.  You just
have impeccably bad timing, and an annoying habit of whining about it
instead of just asking how to get it.  As you said, we approved it a
long time ago.

BTW, Rasmus, Doug, and Ambarish should also get accounts just as soon
as they tell Brian they want one and he has some free time to do the
root thang.

.....Roy