Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sergio Gonzalez <sg...@cecropiasolutions.com> on 2016/08/05 14:37:32 UTC

Kafka cluster with a different version that the java API

Hi users,

Is there some issue if I create the kafka cluster using the
kafka_2.10-0.8.2.0 version  and I have my java producers and consumers with
the 0.10.0.0 version?

                <dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>
<artifactId>kafka-clients</artifactId>
<version>0.10.0.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>
   <artifactId>kafka-streams</artifactId>
   <version>0.10.0.0</version>
</dependency>

What are the repercutions that i could have if I use this enviroment?

Thanks,
Sergio GQ

Re: Kafka cluster with a different version that the java API

Posted by Sergio Gonzalez <sg...@cecropiasolutions.com>.
Perfect,  thank you so much Alex

--
*Regards**,*

*Sergio A. González Quirós*
*Computer Engineering, QA **Engineer*

*Cartago, Costa Rica*
*Telephone*: *(+506) 8965-3890*

Re: Kafka cluster with a different version that the java API

Posted by Alex Loddengaard <al...@confluent.io>.