Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Featherstone, Richard" <Ri...@bl.uk> on 2003/09/18 15:33:44 UTC

WSDD deployment probs

Hi,

I'm new to using AXIS and am trying to get to grips with the basics.  I have
deployed a simple web service using a .jws extension to a simple java class.
What I am now trying to do is deploy the same service using a standard class
and a wsdd file.  When I run the AdminClient I get.

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient greeting.wsdd

Processing file greeting.wsdd

Exception:: java.lang.Exception: FIXME

I would be extremely grateful if someone could let me know whats wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Ric.

Greeting2.java

package webservs;

import java.util.Date;

public class Greeting2 {

    public String greetMe(String name){

        return "Hello " + name + ", have a nice " + new Date();

    }

}

greeting.swdd

<deployment xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd"

  <service name="Greeting2" provider="java:RPC">

    <parameter name="className" value="webservs.Greeting2"/>

  </service>

</deployment>

Now exhibiting at the British Library Galleries:

Painted Labyrinth : the world of the Lindisfarne Gospels

Until 28 September 2003.  Admission Free.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
copied without the sender's consent.

author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The
British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the
author.