Posted to xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org by rm...@manu.com on 2004/05/07 20:51:20 UTC

SDO and XMLBeans

We are evaluating XMLBeans to be used as a data serialization layer in our
webservices development. We
would like to be as appserver-neutral as possible in our service
implementation
while accessing information from deserilaized classes. We found XMLBeans
to be really useful till now.

We have couple of questions before making a final decision on our
approach.

1. I have heard about SDO(IBM and BEA are involved in coming up with the
standard). I haven't read about SDO yet, but is XMLBeans going be to
SDO-compliant?

2. I think built-in schemaTypes are not configurable. They are always
mapped to predefined types. Is there a plan to make these configurable in
a future release?

thanks

Rao Madhavaram
Manugistics Inc.