Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/16 16:02:14 UTC

Problem finding loadresource task in maven 2.0.9

I recently upgraded from maven 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 and the
commons-build-plugin[1][2] - which is an Ant plugin - failed with the
following error

INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Commons JNet
[INFO]    task-segment: [commons:sandbox-jira-page]
[INFO] [commons:sandbox-jira-page]

sandbox-jira-page:
     [echo] *** Generating Commons JNet Sandbox Issue Tracking Page ***
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\svn\commons\trunks-sandbox\jnet\target\commons-generated-xdocs
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to execute: Executing Ant script:
/generate-xdocs.build.xml [sandbox-jira-page]: Failed to execute.

Could not create task or type of type: loadresource.

The plugin specifies version 1.7.0 of Ant in its pom[3] specifically
because the loadresource task was introduce in that version.

Reverting to maven 2.0.8 and the problem goes away. Any ideas? Is this
a known issue in 2.0.9?

Niall

[1] http://commons.apache.org/commons-build-plugin/
[2] http://commons.apache.org/commons-build-plugin/source-repository.html
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-build-plugin/trunk/pom.xml

Re: Problem finding loadresource task in maven 2.0.9

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> This caught my eye. I have no idea what it means though or if it could be
> responsible for the problem.
>
> The following artifacts were filtered out for plugin:
> org.apache.commons:commons-build-plugin:1.0 because they're already in the
> core of Maven:

Seems that is output by the DefaultPluginManager (see
http://tinyurl.com/4jxr64 ) - but since nothing is listed after that
statement, it doesn't look like anything has been filtered out.

Sinec from the -X output for maven 2.0.9 it is clearly showing Ant
1.7.0 as a dependency then presumably this is some kind of bug in
building the classpath for the plugin and it is picking up an earlier
Ant version (and therefore not finding the 1.7.0 specific task) before
Ant 1.7.0. Debugging the internals though is beyond my maven
knowledge.

Niall

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:10 AM, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> Can you file a jira and attach a project that reproduces the issue? This
> will be the best way for us to figure out what's up. There were some
> changes between 2.0.8-9 that may cause this (and wouldn't be bugs per
> se), but we won't know until we look. If it truly is a regression, we
> want to fix it for .10.

OK I've filed the following issue, with a simple pom.xml attached:
   http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3639

Niall

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>>> Not alot that makes any sense to me, but thanks for the suggestion - I
>>> ran it with that option for both maven 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 and the output
>>> for both is here:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-build-plugin/
>> The stack trace helped me find where I had seen this before. It is a bug in
>> Ant 1.7.0, that has been fixed in Ant 1.7.1 on 2007-05-22. It is not
>> properly handling spaces in paths. Unfortunately there has not yet been a
>> release of Ant 1.7.1.
>
> Sorry I'm a bit confused - seems like you're referring to the issue I
> had described in the following thread when I upgraded from maven 2.0.7
> to 2.0.8, rather than this issue with not finding the loadresource
> task when I upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9:
>
>    http://markmail.org/message/hmwabpxrq76mbp3l
>
> ...or is this somehow related?

No, I'm the one who's confused.
Sorry for the noise.

> Niall
>
>>> Niall

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Problem finding loadresource task in maven 2.0.9

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.