Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Saad Ur Rahman <sa...@apache.org> on 2022/10/02 20:25:48 UTC

Apache Heron - Incubating Mentors Unresponsive.

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well and have had a pleasant weekend.

Typically I would be reaching out to our project's mentors (Apache
Heron - Incubating), alas they are the reason I find myself having to
reach out to you. I was unable to uncover whom I should specifically
contact in the Org-Chart.

We have been awaiting mentor feedback on a release we have prepared
since the 9th of July 2022 (85 days at this point). A sole mentor has
provided feedback but the rest are non-responsive despite numerous
attempts to reach out to them.

I have personally spent much of my personal time developing and
testing a feature set comprising thousands of lines of code in this
release. Others have invested many hours of their personal time
updating libraries and patching security holes - including Log4j. As a
responsible engineer and one of the custodians of the Heron code base,
I take security and my responsibility to end users very seriously. I
am confident my fellow committers of Heron equally share this mindset.

Would you please provide us with assistance and guidance on what steps
we must follow next?

Much appreciated and Best Regards,
/Saad