Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Philipp Schoepf <ph...@de.ibm.com> on 2002/09/25 18:52:30 UTC

Help, DB2 integration problem #2

Hi all,

I'm in really big trouble with my DB2-Jetspeed integration.
Like a said in my previous thread there are some problems using the
turbine-db2.sql und populate-db2.sql scripts for the creation of a
jetspeed db2 database.
Could anyone tell me, if he ran into similar problems when integrating DB2
and Jetspeed? The provided scripts seem totally wrong!
The error I got before was just because of the ";" in the scripts. After I
deleted the ";" I was able to create the tables. But the next problem was
not far away... The populate-db2.sql script seems as faulty as the
turbine-db2.sql script. For example it tries to insert values into the
user_id colums although this is permitted  by db2 (just because the
id'sare generated automatically using the GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY
statement). There is also an error when inserting the long value into the
blob colum for the user infos.
Did I download the wrong version of jetspeed (1.4b1) or did I make a wrong
db2 configuration?

This is going to make me mad, so I would be very  grateful if someone
could help me

Best regards,

Philipp Schöpf
IBM e-business Innovation Center
Alter Wandrahm 10, 20457 Hamburg
Fon: +49 (0)40/41912-461
Web: http://www.ibm.com/services/de/innovation

Re: Help, DB2 integration problem #2

Posted by Thomas Marsh <ma...@nitesco.com>.
I think there's a switch to use when running db2 scripts from the
command line to use the ";" as a line terminator....

I haven't looked at the script...

Philipp Schoepf wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm in really big trouble with my DB2-Jetspeed integration.
> Like a said in my previous thread there are some problems using the
> turbine-db2.sql und populate-db2.sql scripts for the creation of a
> jetspeed db2 database.
> Could anyone tell me, if he ran into similar problems when integrating DB2
> and Jetspeed? The provided scripts seem totally wrong!
> The error I got before was just because of the ";" in the scripts. After I
> deleted the ";" I was able to create the tables. But the next problem was
> not far away... The populate-db2.sql script seems as faulty as the
> turbine-db2.sql script. For example it tries to insert values into the
> user_id colums although this is permitted  by db2 (just because the
> id'sare generated automatically using the GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY
> statement). There is also an error when inserting the long value into the
> blob colum for the user infos.
> Did I download the wrong version of jetspeed (1.4b1) or did I make a wrong
> db2 configuration?
>
> This is going to make me mad, so I would be very  grateful if someone
> could help me
>
> Best regards,

> Philipp Schöpf
> IBM e-business Innovation Center
> Alter Wandrahm 10, 20457 Hamburg
> Fon: +49 (0)40/41912-461
> Web: http://www.ibm.com/services/de/innovation

Tom Marsh

mailto:marsht1@nitesco.com
http://www.nitesco.com

Re: Help, DB2 integration problem #2

Posted by Marian Skalsky <ms...@euromove.sk>.
Hi Philipp!
This will NOT help you, but I have JetSpeed 1.4b1 successfuly working with
ORACLE database and had no problems with scripts provided.
$kala.