Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gnarf <br...@ecocea.com> on 2011/12/08 15:37:31 UTC

Camel Active Mq - Producer - Broker -COnsumer on separate pc

I'm trying to do something like this : The Producer is on a pc, sending
message to a specified topic. He's using the camelTemplate Component to do
so.
The Broker (ActiveMQ) is on another pc. I'm trying to define my camels
routes in the "camel.xml" file contained in the /activeMQ/conf directory.
example:
<route>
<from uri="activemq:topic:ticket"/>
<to uri="recorder"/>
</route>
The broker starts fine, and the route seems to be OK in the camel console.
 My question is : How can I link my consumer Program to interface with camel
route (i.e. for the moment, if I try to send a message, Camel throw an
exception cause he don't know the bean "recorder" of destination). Is there
a way to do so ? Or am I totally insane ?  In simple words, I would like to
have the three programs(producer,broker and consumer) on three separate pc,
interfacing with each other.
Thanks in advance,
Bertrand.

Re: Camel Active Mq - Producer - Broker -COnsumer on separate pc

Posted by boday <be...@initekconsulting.com>.
what kind of endpoint is "recorder"?  your setup will work fine as long as
your <to uri="..."/> statement points to a valid endpoint  try adding <to
uri="log:+++request received+++"/> before (or in place of) your "recorder"
endpoint step.

Gnarf wrote

> I'm trying to do something like this : The Producer is on a pc, sending
> message to a specified topic. He's using the camelTemplate Component to do
> so.
> The Broker (ActiveMQ) is on another pc. I'm trying to define my camels
> routes in the "camel.xml" file contained in the /activeMQ/conf directory.
> example:
> <route>
> <from uri="activemq:topic:ticket"/>
> <to uri="recorder"/>
> </route>
> The broker starts fine, and the route seems to be OK in the camel console.
>  My question is : How can I link my consumer Program to interface with
> camel route (i.e. for the moment, if I try to send a message, Camel throw
> an exception cause he don't know the bean "recorder" of destination). Is
> there a way to do so ? Or am I totally insane ?  In simple words, I would
> like to have the three programs(producer,broker and consumer) on three
> separate pc, interfacing with each other.
> Thanks in advance,
> Bertrand.

-----
Ben O'Day