Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by "Owen B. Mehegan" <om...@hi5.com> on 2008/02/20 00:59:12 UTC

Limit to torque.properties?

Is there any limit to the number of unique datasources I can have in my
torque.properties?

--
Owen B. Mehegan
Database Framework QA Guy

Re: Limit to torque.properties?

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
"Owen B. Mehegan" <om...@hi5.com> schrieb am 20.02.2008 18:48:29:

> Aha, there was a rumor around the office that Torque could only handle
> 100 datasources. Guess you're saying that's not the case :) Cool.

I was saying that I do not know of limitations inside of Torque. If the
guys in your office have done load tests or similar, of course their result
is more reliable than my expectations, but as with any load tests, one
needs to know the exact settings and results to interpret them. If I were
you I'd try to find the source of the rumour and talk to him/her.

      Thomas

Re: Limit to torque.properties?

Posted by "Owen B. Mehegan" <om...@hi5.com>.

Thomas Fischer wrote:
> "Owen B. Mehegan" <om...@hi5.com> schrieb am 20.02.2008 00:59:12:
>
>> Is there any limit to the number of unique datasources I can have in my
>> torque.properties?
>>

> Well, the file needs to fit on the hard drive of your computer and into the
> jvm memory, and I'm not sure if you can open more than 65536 network
> connections, but apart from that none that I know of.
> However, I'm not sure how slow everything gets if you have ten thousand
> data sources.
>
>     Thomas

Owen B. Mehegan
Database Framework QA Guy
"He is a dangerous mixture of sophistication and recklessness which
makes one anxious about his influence on other boys."

omehegan@hi5.com
YIM: omehegan
AIM: ottomaticjack
GTalk: omehegan@gmail.com