Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com> on 2006/12/14 16:49:29 UTC

Missing files in Central Maven2 Repository for Axis 1.4

Hi all,

I have noticed that some POM files (and some source bundles) are missing
in the Central Maven2 Repository for several Axis 1.4 artifacts:

* axis-ant
* axis-jaxrpc
* axis-saaj

Although it is usually not worrying, I have recently experienced some
unexpected problems with those metadata files. For some reason,
compilation sometimes stops complaining about it cannot find the pom
file, and so it cannot determine the artifact dependencies!

If you tell me this is a bug in Maven, I will totally agree with you ;-)
But anyway, it is a very annoying one. Luckily, the workaround seems to
just recompile the project until Maven resigns and follow on.

The important bit, at least to me, is that every time I build the
project, Maven tries to download the missing files from each known
repository (and some of my projects use several), slowing down the
building process.

Per the Maven2 instructions, it should be one of the Axis project
administrators the one to submit the missing files. Should I file a JIRA
for this, or is this channel enough?

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo

GRID SYSTEMS, S.A.             Rodrigo Ruiz
Parc Bit - Edificio 17         Research Coordinator
07121 Palma de Mallorca        rruiz AT gridsystems DOT com
Baleares - Spain               Tel: +34 971 435 085
http://www.gridsystems.com/    Fax: +34 971 435 082