Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/06/22 06:12:23 UTC

Re: [Avalon Packages -> Commons] We want to move packages to Commons: can you help? [Commons-Avalon]

At 05:06 AM 6/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Peter Donald wrote:
>
> > >1)
> > >Zip, tar and bzip2 seem like potential packages of one project. Codec? Or
> > >a new one named Compress or some such?
> >
> > bzip should be kept separate as it is useful outside of those who use it to
> > compress archives.
>
>I'm not getting you here. What are the other uses for bzip?

No idea. Compression of blocks of data for network transmission has been
the one of the requests and also compression of image data prior to
explosion on end system.

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."