Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ramesh Vishwanatham <rv...@dtcc.com> on 2008/09/29 23:26:33 UTC

axis2 1.4 and later versions fail to deploy with Java 1.4.2 under RAD6/WAS6.0

Hi
I have tried to deploy Axis2 1.4 and 1.4.1 versions in RAD6 using Java
1.4.2 and was getting below error message:

[9/29/08 13:50:19:706 EDT] 00000022 ApplicationMg A   WSVR0200I: Starting
application: axis214EAR
[9/29/08 13:50:20:018 EDT] 00000022 WebGroup      A   SRVE0169I: Loading
Web Module: Apache-Axis2.
[9/29/08 13:50:21:049 EDT] 00000022 ServletWrappe E   SRVE0100E: Did not
realize  init() exception thrown by servlet AxisServlet:
java.lang.LinkageError: LinkageError while defining class:
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.addressing.migrator.EndpointContextMapMigrator
Could not be defined due to:
org/apache/axis2/jaxws/addressing/migrator/EndpointContextMapMigrator
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
This is often caused by having a class defined at multiple
locations within the classloader hierarchy.  Other potential causes
include compiling against an older or newer version of the class

After some effort and search on web I have realized that error was caused
because of JAXWS introduction in axis2 1.4 version and it will need Java
1.5 annotations. I have commented all the instances of jaxws in axis2.xml
file (total 7 places) and retried deploying axis2.war file in RAD6 and was
successful.

I was able to deploy successfully axis2.war version 1.1 and 1.3 in RAD6
environment. I would like to know is the axis2 1.4 and later versions only
suppose to work under Java 1.5? Also I see on axis2 1.4 web page saying
that it should work with Java 1.4 or later, is it still a goal of axis2
development team.

If someone from axis2 team can clarify these issues and guide me If I need
to deploy axis2 1.4 or newer versions under Java 1.4 under RAD6 without
modifying the axis2.xml file.

Thanks in advance for looking into this matter.

Ramesh Vishwanatham

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.

Re: axis2 1.4 and later versions fail to deploy with Java 1.4.2 under RAD6/WAS6.0

Posted by Ramesh Vishwanatham <rv...@dtcc.com>.
Brian
Thanks for replying to my post. I have commented "threadContextMigrators"
part and other places where jaxws was mentioned in axis2.xml file to make
it work with RAD6 using Java 1.4. When I first tried comment out
threadContextMigrators part, I still got errors and then I did all others
in the file.

Regards
Ramesh Vishwanatham

Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>
09/30/2008 06:16 AM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: axis2 1.4 and later versions fail to deploy with Java 1.4.2 under
RAD6/WAS6.0

Hi Ramesh,

In order to get Axis2 1.4 to work with Java 1.4 you need to comment out
the following in your axis2.xml file:

    <threadContextMigrators>
        <threadContextMigrator listId="JAXWS-ThreadContextMigrator-List"
class="org.apache.axis2.jaxws.addressing.migrator.EndpointContextMapMigrator"/>

    </threadContextMigrators>

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

Ramesh Vishwanatham <rv...@dtcc.com> wrote on 29/09/2008 22:26:33:

> Hi
> I have tried to deploy Axis2 1.4 and 1.4.1 versions in RAD6 using
> Java 1.4.2 and was getting below error message:
>
> [9/29/08 13:50:19:706 EDT] 00000022 ApplicationMg A   WSVR0200I:
> Starting application: axis214EAR
> [9/29/08 13:50:20:018 EDT] 00000022 WebGroup      A   SRVE0169I:
> [9/29/08 13:50:21:049 EDT] 00000022 ServletWrappe E   SRVE0100E: Did
> not realize  init() exception thrown by servlet AxisServlet: java.
> lang.LinkageError: LinkageError while defining class: org.apache.
> axis2.jaxws.addressing.migrator.EndpointContextMapMigrator
> Could not be defined due to:
> org/apache/axis2/jaxws/addressing/migrator/EndpointContextMapMigrator
> (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
> This is often caused by having a class defined at multiple
> locations within the classloader hierarchy.  Other potential causes
> include compiling against an older or newer version of the class
>

> After some effort and search on web I have realized that error was
> caused because of JAXWS introduction in axis2 1.4 version and it
> will need Java 1.5 annotations. I have commented all the instances
> of jaxws in axis2.xml file (total 7 places) and retried deploying
> axis2.war file in RAD6 and was successful.
>
> I was able to deploy successfully axis2.war version 1.1 and 1.3 in
> RAD6 environment. I would like to know is the axis2 1.4 and later
> versions only suppose to work under Java 1.5? Also I see on axis2 1.
> 4 web page saying that it should work with Java 1.4 or later, is it
> still a goal of axis2 development team.
>
> If someone from axis2 team can clarify these issues and guide me If
> I need to deploy axis2 1.4 or newer versions under Java 1.4 under
> RAD6 without modifying the axis2.xml file.
>
> Thanks in advance for looking into this matter.
>
> Ramesh Vishwanatham
> DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
> confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
> entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
> in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
> attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
> and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts
> no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.