Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/07 16:07:56 UTC

Replacement for deprecated getUserHomeDirectory

Hi,
Does anyone know what is the suggested replacement for
org.netbeans.installer.utils#getUserHomeDirectory() in
netbeans/nbi/engine/src/org/netbeans/installer/utils/SystemUtils.java:88
Thanks!

Re: Replacement for deprecated getUserHomeDirectory

Posted by Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 7 Mar 2023 at 16:36, Christian Oyarzun <co...@oyarzun.net> wrote:

> Looks like you should use getDefaultUserdirRoot().

Great thanks! Although I see that, for example in getSuperId(), it
uses getUserHomeDirectory() as a fallback if getDefaultUserdirRoot()
doesn't work!

Re: Replacement for deprecated getUserHomeDirectory

Posted by Christian Oyarzun <co...@oyarzun.net>.
Hi Peter,

Looks like you should use getDefaultUserdirRoot().

https://github.com/emilianbold/netbeans-releases/commit/e77bdc1808758570aded50c7d0eb65fc5419f06e

--Christian